We use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To provide, and improve, our services to you and others.
– To answer your queries or to contact you for a scheduled appointment or otherwise. For example, when you make contact using our contact form, we will answer your query.
– To contact you as part of the contract (or service) and if you are not yet a customer, we rely on your request as your consent when you submitted the information.
– To create, send and follow-on invoices or payments in line with the contract
– To check if payments due have been received in line with your contract
– To validate your identity prior to login into our systems
– To share relevant offers with you if you have opted for it
– To send you emails relating to products you have subscribed to and/or products we believe you may be interested in
– To review and improve our emails by analysing which emails are opened, deleted, or clicked
– To make a recording of our trainings or sessions
– To perform internal management, administration and reporting as per the applicable laws and industry practices.
The lawful basis for using your information in this way are:
1. To perform the contract with our customers
2. Because we have a legal obligation (e.g. to report tax/ income)
3. For our ‘legitimate interests’ to send marketing material to you, to grow and administer our business and to understand our performance and protect our business
When And How Do We Collect Your Data?
We collect your personal data when you provide your personal data by visiting our website, meeting us in person, attending a workshop or coaching, filling in a form, signing a contract, calling us, emailing us or messaging us (through any means including social media) with interest in our services. For example, you contact us for purchase of a course that you are interested in.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Data?
We aim to keep your data safe and protected i.e., we do not disclose this to others unless strictly necessary for performance and delivery of the service we provide you. And, when data is with us, the data stays in a password protected computer or cloud or software.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data until you unsubscribe. If you are a customer, we keep your personal data to provide the ‘lifetime’ access to the membership site. We keep personal data as long as necessary for compliance with law and to maintain our records. For example, accounting data is kept for 7 years years from the end of our relationship with you.
Who We Share Your Data With And Why?
As a small company, we rely on providers to provide us with specialized services. When doing so, we focus on sharing only the necessary data and implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. For example, we ensure we have a contract in place, that we have carried out due diligence on those third parties, that they use password protection and limit access to relevant staff within the company. To ensure that we deliver you the services in an effective way, we share your personal data with following categories of third parties:
– Providers of technical and operational support services like website hosting and maintenance, email provisioning, calendars, payment processing, back-ups, customer relationship management, electronic signatures of documents etc.
– Contractors who work on our behalf as coaches or support staff only to the extent necessary for them to provide their services.
– Law enforcement agencies and courts when it is necessary to do so, or we are obliged by laws to share such information.
– Group companies
– Advisors, including legal providers, and accountants.
– Those organisations involved in a merger or acquisition, or who are involved in a corporate reorganization, joint venture, assignment, sale, or transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Your Data Protection Rights
Your privacy is important, and we respect your rights. You have the following rights:
1. Right to access i.e., get a copy of your personal data.
2. Right to rectification i.e., get your personal data corrected when necessary.
3. Right to erasure i.e., delete your personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purpose of processing. Remember, this is possible only when we do not have legal reason to keep your personal data.
4. Right to restrict processing i.e., limit processing for specific reasons.
5. Right to object to processing i.e., object to processing when you believe processing is unlawful or not necessary
6. Right to data portability i.e., have your data given to you or someone you choose.
If you have any queries or want to know more about our privacy approach or need more details on how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data, you can contact us at [email protected]
You can also contact us by writing to us at the following address: Rethink Academy Ltd, Unit 107, Moat House, 54 Bloomfield Ave, Belfast, BT5 5AD
How To Complain
We are sorry that you did not like something about us. We are always looking to help you and would like to hear about your concern directly at [email protected]
The law allows you to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with the way we manage your personal data. You can contact the ICO by clicking here